Alright, well, before we get started, I have some incredibly exciting news for you all! A SUMMER SALE!!! Now I haven’t had a sale in a looong, long while and I thought it was about darn time! Plus with today’s post being a review of this year’s sweetly simplified actions, I figured there was no better time for a client experience sale than now. And the best part of it is, it’s 20% off EVERYTHING!!
So if you’ve had it on your mind that you want to take one of the courses, now is the time to get it! Or if you’ve already taken one of the courses, and have been wanting to take the other, or you’ve been wanting to set up a consulting call, there’s no better time than now! I mean, 20% off means $79 off our signature “Designing the Design Process Course”, $40 off the 1 hour Consulting Call, $25 off the 30 minute Consulting Call, and $25 off “The Art of Pampering!” Pretty great if you ask me.
So, if you want to finish this year off with clients showering you with gifts of thanks for the rest of the year, you can do that here or just by using the code SUMMERSALE. Sale ends on July 5th too, but I wouldn’t wait until then if I were you! Nobody wants to get caught up in summer fun and then forget something as big as this!
Have No Fear, An Action Summary is Here
Alright, now onto this week’s post! So since we talked about our client experience efforts paying off in our last post, I thought this time we should review what some of those efforts are. I mean, let’s be honest, a year so quickly gets away from us. If you can believe it, this year is almost half over already. Pretty insane, right?
And this year you’ve likely read over posts, fully intending to get to each action shared, but, life got in the way. You forgot about it. You meant to do it, you want to do it, other items just crowded it out.
I know it’s certainly happened to me. I’ve read so so many blogs, fully intending to take action on whatever it is they’ve recommended, but I don’t at that time. Then another post comes and I read and like that, and then my daughter sticks her hand in a toilet and then goes to lick said hand, and all is definitely lost from my mind.
If only, there were a summary somewhere or reminder of sorts of everything that was recommended… I mean, I could go back and look at a listing of all the posts, but if I had time to do that, I would also have time to take on each action as it was sent.
And since I don’t, and since you probably don’t, we have our review. So let’s go for it. Let’s summarize the sweetly simplified action lineup from this year so far!
Sweetly Simplified Actions, Reviewed
- Simplify Your Life & Business – Remove one thing from your life that causes you a great deal of stress. – Entire post here
- Create Clear Service Descriptions – Review, and update, your service descriptions so they’re more clear and accurate. – Extra Credit: Add the question, “how did your experience with us, differ from what you were expecting?” to your project wrap up meeting. – Entire post here
- Surprise Prospects with a Warm Welcome Video – Create a 30 second or less “Welcome Video” to send to clients, either manually or automatically, after the screening call has been set up. – Entire post here
- Avoid Being Too Friendly or Formal With Clients – At your next client meeting, observe your interactions with your client. Are you too friendly or formal? If so, once the meeting is over, write down notes on what you observed, and come up with three ways you can work towards being “friendly formal.” – Entire post here
- Successfully Work With Friends & Family – Write up a canned response in your own words (or use mine if you’d like!) to have at the ready for the next time a friend or family member asks for you to work with them. – Entire post here
- Develop a Unique Client Experience Style – Spend the rest of the week experiencing businesses of all types, and noticing, really noticing what it’s like. Take note of what you do and don’t like each time. At the end of the week, circle everything you wrote down more than once. – Entire post here
- Implement Your Unique Client Experience Style – Take a look at what you loved about the client experience at other businesses. What patterns do you see? Let the 3 most frequent become your client experience pillars, then learn from the businesses who best exemplified each. – Entire post here
- Measure Your Efforts & Effectiveness – Create a “need help/give thanks” spreadsheet and start recording each time a client reaches out on their own to ask for help with a problem or question, or to give thanks for a job well done. – Entire post here
Big Change, Small Actions
So that’s it. Almost a half year of sweetly simplified actions that you can take right now, to improve your business, and your client experience. Actions to identify what kind of style you want your experience to have, how you want to clearly describe that experience, communicate it to friends and family, and ensure that your relationship is just right from start to finish. Oh, and then of course, simply measuring those efforts to see whether or not they’re really paying off.
And sure when you look at that list above, it may seem like a lot of work, especially if thus far you’ve been reading to soak it all in, but aren’t yet to the action stage yet. But, I encourage you to transition from marinating to moving.
There’s a bit more than half of the year left, which means big change is still possible. So choose just one action from the list, and go for it. Really go for it. Maybe start with what you feel is the quickest and easiest action to take, so you can have success right away.
Then, when you’re ready and comfortable, move to what seems just a little bit tougher. And on and on it goes. Until you find yourself in December, with a wildly different business than you started the summer with. Life will always, always be getting in the way. So start, right now, before the next bit of life wiggles its way in.
Sweetly Simplified Action: Choose one action from above, and not only start, but more importantly, finish it. Then when you’re ready, move on to the next, and the next!
Let me know in the comments below, which action are you going to take first? I’d love to know!
And don’t forget to snatch up the 20% OFF SUMMER SALE prices here, and get ready to finish this year with a load of thanks from not only me, but more importantly your clients!